Electrical and Electronic Principles
The aims of this section are to re-introduce myself to the vocabulary, terminology, symbols and notation relating to DC and AC circuits. To enable the me to apply the basic laws and theorems applied to DC and AC circuits. To be able to recognise, select, apply, test and measure basic DC and AC circuits. On successful completion of this section I will be able to:
- Recognise and interpret basic DC and AC circuits.
- Identify series, parallel and series-parallel DC and AC circuits.
- Use basic circuit and component laws for DC and AC circuits.
- Grasp and apply basic electronic and electrical concepts.
To complete this section I will be working from the following book(s):
Book 01: Electronics Fundamentals: Pearson New International Edition: Circuits, Devices & Applications
Author: Thomas L Floyd & David Buchla
For DC/AC Circuits courses requiring a comprehensive, all inclusive text covering basic DC/AC Circuit fundamentals with additional chapters on Devices.
This renowned text offers a comprehensive yet practical exploration of basic electrical and electronic concepts, hands-on applications, and troubleshooting. Written in a clear and accessible narrative, the Seventh Edition focuses on fundamental principles and their applications to solving real circuit analysis problems, and devotes six chapters to examining electronic devices.
Publisher: Pearson; 8th edition (29th July 2013)
In this section the following are covered:
- Use scientific notation to represent quantities
- Work with electrical units and metric prefixes
- Convert from one unit with a metric prefix to another
- Express measured data with the proper number of significant digits
- Recognize electrical hazards and practice proper safety procedures